Plumbing does not have to be as complicated as most people make it out to be. There are some basic things that you need to know about plumbing systems, as well as, having the necessary tools to do your own repairs. This article may have a few useful tips and tricks that you can add to your tool belt.
The next time you have a clogged drain, avoid the simple solution of dumping drain-clearing chemicals into the pipes. While this method involves the least amount of effort, the chemicals in these liquid cleaners are destructive to your piping. Instead, consider using a little bit of elbow grease with a plunger, snake, or other device designed to clear your clog without chemicals.
What are the basics of plumbing?
Knowing the fundamentals of plumbing will make you a confident plumber. Read and learn from this interesting write-up from Happy Hiller.
Do not let your faucet leak. Did you know a leaky faucet can waste about 150 gallons of water every day? If you have a leak, never ignore it. It could be coming from the faucet or the pipes. Continually check pipes and faucets for extra moisture or small leaks.
Schedule one plumber to take care of all your issues in one single visit. You may want to have each minor problem attended to as the occur, but having multiple repairs done at once allows you to save up for the cost. You’ll save a ton of money by not having to pay a professional to come out multiple times, instead only paying them to show up once to handle different problems all at once.
Install screen traps or drain covers on all of your sinks and tub drains. Most home plumbing calls are about clogged pipes. These can be caused by debris, especially hair, washing down the drains. Putting in a trap means that you can clean this debris off before it ends up in the pipes.
Plumbing can be a very effective skill to have in your tool belt for whatever needs you may have. You may already know the basics and want to know how to save time and money by doing repairs, yourself. No matter your reasons, hopefully, the tips in this article has given you some ideas.
If you are a home owner taking up minor DIY plumbing projects around your house is a very cost effective way to maintain your home at an optimum condition all the time. As most major plumbing faults in a house can usually be avoided if they are taken care of at the very onset it is important to have a good knowledge of the layout and condition of the water pipes in your home by undertaking their inspections periodically.
What is the most common household plumbing problem?
This data laded post from Home Climates provides a lot of practical solution so read the entire article.
When it comes to home repairs, there are a lot of tasks which can be done by a home owner without professional help. Minor repairs such as dripping faucets, water leaks and valve replacement can be easily carried out through DIY plumbing with a certain degree of patience, time and knowledge. In order to ensure that you carry out DIY plumbing safely and easily the following sections lists a set of instructions dealing with the basics of undertaking plumbing projects by yourself:
1. Start with minor repair tasks – The best way to ensure safety as well as productive results through DIY plumbing is to start with minor repair and replacement tasks such as fixing leaks, removing clogs and replacing valves. With practice and time you can pick up more challenging repair work around the house.
2. Collect necessary information – Before starting out with DIY plumbing get the necessary information regarding a specific project by looking up useful information on the internet or asking a professional for assistance.
3. Identify the level of work – It is also very important to leave major repair work to a professional such as replacing water pipes which should not be undertaken unless you have sufficient knowledge and expertise.
4. Invest in a quality tool box – Investing in a quality tool kit is very important which should include different sizes of nuts, bolts, screws, drivers and hammers as well as a good torchlight as you would be working in dimly lit areas while undertaking DIY plumbing projects.
5. Inspect the pipeline system – Inspecting plumbing system of your home such as the location of the hot and cold water systems as well as complete water pipeline is very important to detect as well as carry out DIY plumbing tasks efficiently.
6. Choose a suitable time – As any DIY plumbing work would require that main water supply to be shut off you should choose a time that is suitable to your family members in order to undertake any repair work efficiently.
Relevant Search Terms
Plumbing projects for students
Plumbing projects for high school students
Cool plumbing projects
How to do plumbing
Plumbing diy guide
DIY plumbing bathroom